dfgdesign.com

Hacker Beware
 You have been warned!
We have caught 5079 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm) 2.6.01
dfgdesign.com

Recent Topics   Next 10 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS / VISITORS General Discussion _lecro_ 0 Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:52 pm
_lecro_ View latest post
Battlefield Bad Company 2, Server Shutdown Older Battlefield Games _lecro_ 0 Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:22 pm
_lecro_ View latest post
Battlefield 3 was released 11 years ago Battlefield 3 _lecro_ 3 Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:04 pm
TillBGoode View latest post
RIP Elizabeth II General Discussion _lecro_ 1 Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:03 pm
Battlefield 2042 ‘abandon ship’ Battlefield 2042 _lecro_ 0 Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:16 pm
_lecro_ View latest post
Bitfenix Comrade Build PC Discussion _lecro_ 6 Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:45 pm
2042 deals Battlefield 2042 _lecro_ 15 Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:47 am
2042 thoughts so far Battlefield 2042 _lecro_ 7 Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:59 pm
_lecro_ View latest post
Battlefield Portal Battlefield 2042 _lecro_ 4 Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:58 pm
Clan match Challenge us !!! Soulfly 2 Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:13 pm
Soulfly View latest post

BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Strategic Assault Squad Forum Index -> Battlefield 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_lecro_
Site Admin
Site Admin

votes: 6
uk.png

X-Fire ID: lecro
Steam: sstlecro
Origin: _l3cro_
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

To be fair we dont really know as yet what the adjustable settings will be,
but it will be interesting to see how LB will react to not being able to kick rule breakers  PDT_Armataz_01_14
Actually i dont think anyone will feel good about retards fucking up a server we are paying for !

Untitled-1

_lecro_
Site Admin
Site Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

Any new info on this ?
Apparently it will be sold through the BF1 game store  itself   PDT_Armataz_01_03

TillBGoode
Treasurer
Treasurer

votes: 12
england.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

Not even got hardcore still  PDT_Armataz_01_05  (Unless it is now there)

Just seeing the same shite

Sponsor
Game Servers UK
LittleBoySVK

votes: 5
slovakia.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:41 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

Only this was announced
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Hello Battlefield Community,

We’d like to share a bit more information about the Rental Server program, coming this November.
As you know, Rental Servers for PS4 and Xbox One have gone through EA. Now with PC Rental Servers also going through EA, there’s quite a lot of questions. Let’s answer some now:

How much will it cost?

PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99
When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

What types of features can I expect?
The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.
Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
_lecro_
Site Admin
Site Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

Wow thats informative . $1.99 for 1 day of what ? 16 slot ? 64 slot ?

Dont know about anyone else but community servers are one of the main things that got me into pc gaming, seem EA are trying to kill them off completely  PDT_Armataz_01_09

TillBGoode
Treasurer
Treasurer

votes: 12
england.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

Are there varying player count on maps? i have only seen 64 player so far not that I have searched too much. Looks like they maybe really restricting options. Proper dick move by EA.

Sponsor
Enyaw

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

FYI Servers are now available in custom game you configure then buy.
But there is currently no resource in our area.

Also HArdcore is finally here under custom games but it feels broken  PDT_Armataz_01_16

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
_lecro_
Site Admin
Site Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: BF 1 Server Hosting / rental - Public Reply with quote

Yea i saw something about it on sunday but not having the game couldnt really get any further.
and after reading below im not sure i want too TBH   PDT_Armataz_01_15

Heres some info off reddit

Quote:
I went ahead and bought a 7 day server to go ahead and test my suspicions about rent-a-server. I had my expectations a bit high, hoping DICE/EA would remember the success of rent-a-server in BF3 and would learn from their mistakes and bad implementation in BF4. Boy was I wrong, it's even worse now.

MORE HIDDEN CONTENT >>
Hidden: 
  You can only add up to 6 maps in a rotation. There should not be a limit (or at least one so high it would allow every map from every DLC to be played on it at least once).
   There is no ban list. You cannot ban players from your server, whether you're in the game or not. This is by far the most important feature of rent-a-server as means of removing the toxic players that constantly sabotage a team by driving vehicles right to the enemy spawn, battle taxi, or just outright destroy team vehicles. The people that stand in front of field guns and AAs because someone else got there first, that type of stuff.
   There is no in-game server menu. You cannot choose the next map, kick players, or balance teams in-game (or out, for that matter).
   You cannot disable "skill-based" autobalance.
   You cannot see a list of players in your own server unless you are in the game.
   Any edits made to the server as all such as reducing respawn times or increasing ticket count will label the server with a big "CUSTOM" sign. I could understand this for something so big as changing bullet damage, but respawn times are a bit excessive.
   In addition to that, you can only choose set values for these at 50%, 100%, and 200%. You cannot write in 500%, 0%, 750%, etc.
   There is no way to remove a specific weapon, only the type of weapon, and gadgets cannot be removed. This is necessary in case of any mishaps such as the previous M26 dart glitch in BF3, or the USAS-12 frag rounds being blatantly overpowered around the launch of BF3.
   "Land Vehicles" and "Air Vehicles" are the only options for removing vehicles. YOU CANNOT REMOVE THE BEHEMOTH OR CHANGE THE BEHEMOTH SPAWN RULES OR ANYTHING OF THAT SORT. In addition, you cannot disable a specific vehicle.
   You cannot reserve slots for yourself, admins, or VIPs.
   Not to mention you cannot set anyone as an admin.
   Not to mention you have no admin privileges even though you rented the server.

Seriously, this is absurd and a complete let-down. This game has been a big let down to me already in terms of server balancing, always moving me and my squad to the enemy team after every win to the point where I have stopped playing this game since OCTOBER. I figured rent-a-server would be a great way to keep games balanced, as every game my friends and I have been screwed onto a team of idiots and forced to attempt to carry against a competent team. That is NOT fun.

Here's the BARE MINIMUM of what needs to happen for server rental to be worthwhile:

Quickmatch must matchmake players into ANY ranked rented server, not just ones that are entirely unedited. Only exceptions would be servers that completely change gameplay such as sniper/pistol only, or if health or bullet damage are changed.
   Editing the server should not change it from ranked to "CUSTOM" unless it's an entire gameplay change such as snipers only.
   In-game server options; including switching any player to either team, kicking any player, and banning any player.
   Increase the map rotation cap to at least 30 maps.
   Ability to set players as admins from the server menu from outside of the server.
   Ability to ban specific players by writing them in from outside of the server.
   Ability to disable the behemoth.

That's just the bare minimum to make it worthwhile to pick up a server. There's plenty more it needs than that.

Ability to write kick/ban/balance presets when when editing a player in-game so it shows them a message as to why they were teamswitched, kicked, or banned. ei: "Kicked: Destroying team vehicles is not allowed."
   Ability to change the values on the behemoth so it spawns more/less frequently, such as changing how many tickets need to be between the two teams for it to spawn and the minimum amount of time/tickets to have passed before the behemoth can spawn.
   Ability to disable SPECIFIC (not just the type) weapons/vehicles/equipment from being used in the server without putting a "CUSTOM" preset marker on the server unless it restricts everything to only use one type of weapon. (Reasons such as people abusing landmines not having a cooldown so you can place all 3 at once and shoot them to OHK anything (pretty sure it was fixed with this update))
   Ability to make players VIPs so that they will be moved to the front of the queue in front of any other premium and nonpremium players. This includes both admins and VIPs to have priority access to their own server. Makes sense, doesn't it?
   Ability to set a server banner.
   Ability to disable "skill-based" balancing, since it's the most absurd thing in all of Battlefield apart from this blasphemy of rent a server.
   Ability to override the next map to play a specific map next.
   Ability to entirely customize anything that has a timer rather than using preset values at 50%, 100%, and 200%. Respawn times should be able to be set to 0%, 25%, 75%, etc at the very least. Tickets should be able to be changed to literally anything. Let people make it 666% if they want it. It shouldn't be hard to just make it a percentage slider in increments of 1%.
   Ability to make a server private and password-locked (important for clans I'm sure)

A final note: Rent-a-server was supposed to push consoles towards having the likes of PC 3rd party servers. Instead, you've completely stepped in the wrong direction and neutered console rent-a-server and forcing it on PC players entirely. What should've happened is finding a way to get console 3rd party servers and the ability to use rcon and all. Stop trying to "protect" the crappy playerbase that no one likes and will give this game up in 3 months because they're too stupid to put down their sniper to get a better score and PTFO.

I may have forgotten something, so comment anything I should have added.

Thread LINK
Get registered or Log in

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Strategic Assault Squad Forum Index ->  Battlefield 1 All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: