Computer will not connect to router.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#1: No icon Computer will not connect to router. Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:06 am
    —
So my pc has decided to just not connet to the internet now. I can't even login to the router via my computer. So until it is sorted I will be out of action :-\

Never know by morning may be working again.

#2: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:11 am
    —
Right that was quick. Basically under device manager it said it had failed so I disabled it and then enabled it and it is now working.

What do you think caused this? Maybe it is starting to die.....Maybe related to the other issue I had with minimising games.

#3: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:47 am
    —
What router is it ?

Uninstall it again and use the latest drivers
check for firmware updates !

#4: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 am
    —
It is netgear. Not sure on model in bed atm. My computer had done sone windows updates couple of hours before hand.

#5: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: LittleBoySVKLocation: London or Slovakia PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:40 pm
    —
Ewnnn I never had to install any drivers on my pc while using Netgear in the past

#6: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:48 pm
    —
Yeah I think the issue is with the LAN socket not the router itself. Never had to install drivers for the router but I did do a firmware update on it but that was a couple months after getting it.

#7: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:30 pm
    —
Unnstall onboard lan and reinstall drivers from gigabyte

#8: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: BreaumLocation: Danmark PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:29 pm
    —
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#9: No icon Re: Computer will not connect to router. Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:53 pm
    —
Breaum wrote (View Post):
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Pretty much what I did to get to work again. Disabled it then enabled it. As good as turning off and on again :-P

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1