broken, how bad?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

#1: No icon broken, how bad? Author: webm8Location: London PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:20 am
    —
Remember I sucked off something from my computer?  I thought it was from the MB but it seems to be from the old graphics card.  Any idea what it is, what it does and how important it is?  Want to sell online, but not sure if card had had it.  Computer kinda worked ok with it like this.

going to sell the MB as they are going for over £100 at the moment, and I will include CPU and memory too

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

#2: No icon Re: broken, how bad? Author: TillBGoodeLocation: Ashford PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:50 pm
    —
I believe it's a capacitor. Where it came from is what matters on the board. Normally the cathode is highlighted on them but that pic suggests the anode is. Maybe it isn't a capacitor. Never worked with one like it. Capacitors can be a bit hit and miss with how important they are lol. Some of our equipment at work can have them missing and makes almost no difference. All depends on it's purpose in the circuit.

#3: No icon Re: broken, how bad? Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:03 pm
    —
Its not clear where it used to live from that pic,
if it was me id put the gpu in your new system and run a few bencharks,
if it works fine then alls good if not chuck it in the bin  PDT_Armataz_01_11

#4: No icon Re: broken, how bad? Author: webm8Location: London PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:25 am
    —
Yeah Im not sure where it is from either. I thought it was from the motherboard, but as it is the same colour and style as the one on the card, i presume it is from there.  Apart from the blue screen of death i was getting, the card worked fine. :)

#5: No icon Re: broken, how bad? Author: _lecro_Location: England PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:46 am
    —
webm8 wrote (View Post):
 Apart from the blue screen of death i was getting, the card worked fine. :)

So theres a 50/50 chance the cards faulty then  PDT_Armataz_01_12

Bang it in the new system to check it ... theres nothing worse than selling a component for them to say its faulty and wanting a refund. More trouble than its worth.

Strategic Assault Squad -> PC Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1